Monday, June 4, 2012






FROZEN MANGO POPS

 With the weather warming and school ending, I have been thinking about what we can eat for healthier summer snacks.  Because I so handily had mango and yogurt in the fridge this idea came pretty easily and they were a hit!  
I used 1 mango to 3 small containers of Activia yogurt.


These were blended together and poured into the 99 cent popsicle molds I just picked up at IKEA.
There was some of the mixture left over and I refrigerated it and refilled the popsicle molds as they got eaten.  
 I did think that next time I would add a little bit of vanilla extract and see if it brought out more flavor.  Everyone loved them, but it seemed to me they were lacking just a little something.
This recipe is so easy, wish I would've bought more of the popsicle molds to have a few different flavors at the same time.  I'm going to be making this with all the fruits over time and we'll see what our favorites are.  I'll let you know if I hit upon some fantabulous combination!  Enjoy the feeling of the sunshine warming into your bones!  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any and all comments, questions and suggestions you have for me!